1. A contract will be binding between MSC Accident Repair Centre Ltd (from this point on known as MSC Accident Repair Centre) and the customer upon the booking of or arrival of the vehicle on site (whichever is first) for “accident repair, estimate / assessment and/ or car service” or any other repair.
2. If you place an order or make a booking via the phone or internet or in person you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. MSC Accident Repair Centre will provide details of the cost of each car body / paint repair, car service and any mechanical work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out. Any estimate given for such work will be valid for a period of 30 days and is subject to physical inspection of the vehicle and parts prices remaining the same.
3A. MSC Accident Repair Centre are a SMART Repair Facility meaning we carry out repairs using Small To Medium Area Repair Technology to contain repairs within a small area, maintaining the originality of the vehicles bodywork & paintwork. This enables MSC Accident Repair Centre to complete repairs in a shorter timescale, it enables quality repairs to be completed by only removing the minimum amount of vehicle components necessary to provide value for money repairs to you, the Customer. MSC Accident Repair Centre provide a Lifetime Repair Guarantee against faulty workmanship on all work carried out. This Lifetime Guarantee is not transferable on ownership of the vehicle and excludes damage caused by malicious damage, impact, weather or chemical reaction.
3B. MSC Accident Repair Centre operate 2 Menu Pricing Matrix, 1 for Trade Menu Pricing (Cash Sale) & secondly for Insurance Menu Pricing (Credit Sale), if at your request MSC Accident Repair Centre supply a quotation using Trade Menu Pricing (Cash Sale) and you choose to raise a claim for repairs via your Insurance Company (Credit Sale), MSC Accident Repair Centre reserve the right to amend the quoted prices using our Insurance Menu Pricing.
4. If the repair cannot be done within the quoted timespan due to circumstances beyond MSC Accident Repair Centre control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or available, or the work required may take longer to complete due to additional damage or other.
5. All work, parts and services are subject to VAT as required by law.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated, unless otherwise agreed (verbally or in writing). MSC Accident Repair Centre service schedules may vary; schedules are always readily available for customer’s inspection.
8. Once the car body repair or car service has been finished, payment will be taken straight after either by debit card, credit card or cash. The car will then be available for collection by the customer. Possession of the vehicle will NOT be passed back to the customer until he/she has paid for the cost of the works. If payment is not made, MSC Accident Repair Centre is entitled to charge reasonable storage costs as listed below. All goods / parts fitted to vehicles remain the property of Sandown Coachworks Ltd until invoices are paid in full. Vehicles that remain on site for over 72 hours post completion or for any other reason without prior agreement in writing from a Director of MSC Accident Repair Centre shall be liable for storage charges.
Storage charges are as follows: £30+vat per day
After 6 months in storage vehicles will be deemed as abandoned and MSC Accident Repair Centre reserve the right to start the process of disposal of the vehicle to recover any unpaid invoices/ charges. While this takes place, the vehicle will be moved to offsite secure storage due to limited space and charged at £50+vat per day. The vehicle owner will be liable for transport costs, administration, engineer's reports, valuations etc to assist in the disposal on the vehicle. Customer will be liable for any shortfall still outstanding after this process, any additional funds over the outstanding charges will be returned to the customer.
For the avoidance of doubt MSC Accident Repair Centre do NOT provide free storage to customers / companies under any circumstances unless agreed in writing in advance by a director of MSC Accident Repair Centre. It is the customers / owners / companies responsibility to ensure vehicles are collected with 72 hours of when work is complete or MSC Accident Repair Centre requests the vehicle is removed from site ( for example due to total loss, customer not proceeding with work, insurance company moving to another garage, customer keeping vehicle salvage, hire / lease cars left on site etc).
9. MSC Accident Repair Centre do not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at the garage or at our secure storage site. Sandown Coachworks cannot be held responsible for deterioration of vehicles while in storage such as getting dirty if exposed to the elements, flat batteries, flat tyres, air suspensions dropping, electrical faults developing due to lack of use etc
10. The customer has the right to cancel his / her car body repair, car service or repair at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation. If work has not been started or in relation to insurance work the customer is found to be at fault or a false / fraudulent claim the customer will be liable for recovery, estimating costs and daily storage charges. It will be the customer’s responsibility to collect these costs from their insurance company. All work carried out for customers referred by accident management companies shall be invoiced to the customer and they will remain liable for all charges if not settled by the accident management company.
10a. The customer is also responsible to pay for any parts which are ordered at their request (special orders), should they decide not continue with the repair.
11. Insurance cover on an MSC Accident Repair Centre Courtesy Car is NOT (unless otherwise agreed in writing by MSC Accident Repair Centre) provided by MSC Accident Repair Centre and should normally be covered on the customers insurance policy. If insurance cover is provided by MSC Accident Repair Centre, only named persons, over the age of Twenty-Five (25) are permitted to drive. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of £500 excess (unless otherwise agreed in writing). It is the customers responsibility to ensure all drivers details are correct on courtesy car forms, mis spelt names, non-named drivers etc will lead to the driver being uninsured by MSC Accident Repair Centre. Also, the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the Sandown Coachworks. The customer will be responsible for any fuel used, parking fines or driving offences whilst the vehicle is in their custody, should the customer decide not to go ahead with the work after a loan car has been provided MSC Accident Repair Centre reserve the right to make an administration charge for the duration the vehicle is in the customer’s possession, vehicles are loaned to the customer for use inside the UK mainland only, any courtesy vehicle must not be removed from the UK without written consent from a MSC Accident Repair Centre Director. Courtesy / Loan /Hire Vehicles returned dirty will be subject to a valeting and administration charge. Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as when collected, if returned with less fuel customers will be subject to a charge of £3.00 per litre charge for fuel short and a £25.00 admin fee.